Re: [SLE] One more dumb network question
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:29:49 +0000
On Thursday 18 Mar 2004 19:52 pm, Jim Sabatke wrote:
> I've got my PCs seeing each other now. How do I get the 2nd PC to
> see the internet on the first PC?

Go into Yast>Security and Users>Firewall

Select the correct interfaces for internal (the one connected to your
2nd machine) and external (the internet connection)
Choose "forward traffic and do masquerading"

complete the config

On the 2nd machine, set the 'default gateway' to be the 1st machine, and
the DNS to whatever your ISP supplies.

That should do it!

Dylan

                                  -Benjamin Franklin