Missing Realplayer Plugin
  • From: C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 10:13:04 -0600

I was attempting to access a video stream, last evening, and was informed that
'audio/x-pn-realaudio' plugin was required. I allowed the redirection for
the plugin but it was not there. I followed a link for realplayer which, I
was told, contained this plugin & downloaded it.

When I compared the d/l to SuSE 9 Pro's realplayer, I noted that the files
were identical. I also noted that 'audio/x-pn-realaudio.kdelnk' was included
in both RPMs. Now, the question: how does one get this to work with Firefox
browser? I note that there is a place for plugins but one cannot add a
user-defined plugin, apparently.
- --
...CH
Avoid doing business with 'The Link' ISP.
SuSE Is All U Need
Linux user# 313696
Linux box# 199365