Re: [SLE] Fetchmail Problem
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 04:49:36 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2004-03-17 at 18:08 -0800, Jesse Shaver wrote:

> I realize that this is a malformed email, but I would like
> Fetchmail to get it anyways, and then filter it out with Procmail or
> something. Short of that, I would just like to set stuff up in such a
> way that Fetchmail does not fail silently, so at least I don.t have to
> guess when things are failing.

Well, you may have a have a look at the detailed logs:

| Feb 26 03:02:34 nimrodel fetchmail[11581]: incorrect header line found while scanning headers

At worst, you could automate that.

> I am Running SuSE 8.1 Pro, and am up to
> date on updates. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Download and compile the newest fetchmail from sources: this was commented
on the list a month or three ago. Unfortunately, that version
(fetchmail-6.2.5) seems to delete those malformed messages, and sometimes
they are legitimate.

The version on SuSE 8.2 (6.2.1) leaves them on the server, without
downloading them. I use mozilla to get those, in the intervals between
fetchmail runs.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson