samba 2.28 an file locking
  • From: Jack Malone <jmalone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:41:01 -0600
Hello. after getting suse 9.0 loaded on a new machine here an configuring samba 2.28 that came on the cd's I'm having a locking problem with some access database files. I had this same problem when i first went to linux 2 years go an started storing some access database files on the server. It seems only one person can have the file open at a time. we use it for keeping up with our traffice log here of incoming an outgoing shippments. it was working fine on the old server but now that it crashed on me I had to setup a temp machine til i get some new parts in for the old one.

i will post my samba conf file in this email for someone to look at an point me in the direction i'm going wrong. thanks for the info / help.

jack

smb.conf file is below

# smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full commented
# version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SuSE
# Date: 2003-09-23
[global]
socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
domain logons = no
unix extensions = Yes
encrypt passwords = yes
map to guest = Bad User
security = user
preferred master = auto
add user script =
time server = Yes
printing = CUPS
veto oplock files = /*.dbf/*.fpt/*.cdx/*.mdb/*.xls
domain master = false
printcap name = CUPS
veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/
workgroup = etlb
server string = BackUP production server (FROG)
os level = 68
local master = no
netbios name = Frog samba server
wins support = true