Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1? (With a 2.6 kernel?)
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:45:39 -0500
On Thursday 11 March 2004 05:18 pm, Patriiiiiiiiiick wrote:
> Bruce Marshall wrote:
> > Yes it does.... and in my view, it is far less problematic than trying to
> > use the RPM's. Once you learn how to compile a kernel and install it
> > side-by-side with *any* other kernel, you are home free. And it really
> > isn't that difficult. I would recommend it to anyone....
>
> Do I understand correctly that it is possible to install two different
> kernels side by side by compiling it but that it is not possible to do
> this by using the RPM's?
>
> Patrick

Since I've never used the RPM's (except for initial install) I can't tell you
about putting two or more of them on, but with compiled kernels, you can have
as many as you have the disk space for....

+ Bruce S. Marshall bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx Bellaire, MI 03/11/04 17:44 +
"The important thing is not to stop questioning."

< Previous Next >