Re: [SLE] Problem with SUSE FTP install
  • From: Lucky Leavell <susemisc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 22:59:52 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004, Lucky Leavell wrote:

> Last night we started the SuSE 9.0 FTP install and left it happily
> downloading packages. However, this morning it had stopped at 39%
> indicating it could not find an OpenOffice package. (I wasn't there so I
> do not have the exact package name.)
>
> Questions:
> 1. Is there any way to tell the installer to ignore a package
> and go ahead with the remaining install?

Just press the Ignore button - imagine that!

> 2. If not, is there a way to restart the install but have it
> detect what it has already installed?

The install completed with no further (or rather, just minor) problems.

(Part of the problem was the display is too wide to fit on the monitor
requiring rather awkward scrolling left/right using the monitor controls,
hence I missed the Ignore button last week.)

Thank you,
Lucky Leavell