Re: [SLE] help with IMAP
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 08:24:34 +0800

On 03/07/2004 07:10 AM, linuxjim wrote:

|Unfortunately still now when I try to connect, I still get an error.

What is the error?

|Perhaps I'm using the wrong user names. In the email (imap) client, I
use only
|my user name and password as I would on my linux machine. Is this correct?

Yes. Imap directory is ~/<username>/Mail (fill in the username) When
you make an IMAP account, you need to set up username, password, AND the
directory to find the mail. You would also in this case tell your mail
client to use ssl, which will change the port it checks from 143 to 993.

- --
Joe Morris
New Tribes Mission
Email Address: Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx
Web Address: http://www.mydestiny.net/~joe_morris
Registered Linux user 231871
God said, I AM that I AM. I say, by the grace of
God, I am what I am.