Re: [SLE] help with IMAP
  • From: linuxjim <linuxjim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:10:27 -0600
OK, I now have imaps running in xinetd. imap is not running.

In order to accomplish this, I edited the /etc/xinetd.d/imap file as follows:

under "service imap" I changed the first line to read disable=yes

Then I added the following:
-----------
#
# impas - SSL encrypted imap mail daemon
service imaps
{
disable = no
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
wait = no
user = root
server = /usr/sbin/imapd
server_args = -s
flags = IPv4
}
-------------
After restarting xinetd the imaps service is now running and the imap service
is not.

It appears to be listening on port 993.

Regarding the previous certificates I issued, I deleted the two that had
imapdxxx.yyy.xxx.yyy.pem. I then re-issued one for imapd.pem.

Unfortunately still now when I try to connect, I still get an error.

Perhaps I'm using the wrong user names. In the email (imap) client, I use only
my user name and password as I would on my linux machine. Is this correct?

Getting closer....

Thanks,

Jim Flanagan