Re: [SLE] Encryption question
  • From: Charles Philip Chan <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 19:32:57 -0500
On 03 Mar 2004 15:49:34 -0800
Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PGP is the standard with inline signatures. Its Evolution which is
> off track.

I don't think so. We live in an international world- inline
signing/encrypting have problems with non-ascii character sets. Also
pgp/mime is crucial for signing/encrypting messages with attachments.

rfc 2015 (1996): http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2015.txt
rfc 3156 (2001): http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3156.txt

> Its Evolution which is off track.

Sylpheed-main's and claws's authors also refuse to support inline
signing/encrypting.

You might want to refer to this page:

http://www.bretschneidernet.de/tips/secmua.html.en

Charles

--
"It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God."
(By Matt Welsh)