Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.1? (With a 2.6 kernel?)
  • From: "Steven T. Hatton" <hattons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:02:28 -0500

On Tuesday 02 March 2004 09:32 am, Anders Johansson wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 March 2004 15.26, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
> > I got two file from the Kernelmeister:
> > inux-2.6.3.SUSE.tar.bz2 and suse-2.6.3-0.bz2
>
> I don't know where you found those or who the "kernelmeister" is supposed
> to be, but the latest version of the suse-ified 2.6.3 is -16 and can be
> found in people/kraxel/i386/i586/
>
> Also, the tag "suse" in the filename seems to suggest that it is a
> prepatched version of the kernel you have there. The patches would likely
> apply to linux-2.6.3 as retreived from kernel.org

Yup, Kraxel's are newer. Guess Mantel's not *the* Kerenelmeister
anymore? ;-)

I'm really just being silly. I know Mantel has been hacking the Kernel for
years. I saw Kraxel's (I'm not sure how to untangle that) name on a lot of
the patches as well as Mantel's. I had just been conditioned to go Mantel's
files for the latest Kernels. I will also observe not all mirrors are up to
date. Which is a constant frustration.

Thanks for the pointer. I suspect the -16 rpm's will slip right into the work
I've already done. The hard part is reading all that stuff, and making sure
the 100% you have left matches the hardware on your system, and has all the
prerequisites for your modules.

STH

< Previous Next >