Re: [SLE] Re: Rhythmbox and realaudio?
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:30:34 +0000
> Yes, when you compile rhythmbox you pass --enable-xine to the configure script
> to enable xine and by implication disable gstreamer
> Since then gstreamer has improved a lot, but IMHO xine is still better and
> more functional (unless you really need that pipelining stuff gstreamer does)

Okay, I've now added additional packages (still in the GStreamer section
- with the main Rhythmbox packages) called rhythmbox-xine which are
built with the Xine backend.

Installing it will replace the rhythmbox package, but it's named
differently so that users using APT won't get confused by it suddenly
switching to the Xine backend when they upgrade.

Yes, I know the 'GStreamer' section is horribly misnamed now, at some
point, I'll make it simply 'Multimedia', but I can't be bothered right
now :)
--
James Ogley, Webmaster, Rubber Turnip james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.rubberturnip.org.uk Jabber: riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx