Re: [SLE] Rhythmbox and realaudio?
  • From: James Ogley <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 12:00:18 +0000
> Rhythmbox has a xine backend. Why don't you just use that in the mean time?

Well, I've generally taken the view that RB is primarily a GStreamer
app, so I would build it with the GStreamer backend.

Totem (included in SuSE) also has GStreamer and Xine backends, but it's
primarily a Xine app, so I use Totem for listening to the BBC.

Would people prefer to have RB packages built with the Xine backend
rather than GStreamer?
--
James Ogley, Webmaster, Rubber Turnip james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.rubberturnip.org.uk Jabber: riggwelter@xxxxxxxxxxxx