Re: [SLE] ASX stream player?
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 22:37:41 -0500
On Sunday 29 February 2004 10:37 am, C Hamel wrote:
> On Sunday 29 February 2004 05:17, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> > C Hamel <vgm2@xxxxxxxxxx> [Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:35:50 -0600]:
> > >Can someone direct me to a good ASX stream player?
> >
> > The only one I know of is MPlayer. Go to
> > http://packman.links2linux.org for packages built for SUSE Linux.
> >
> > Philipp
>
> For some odd reason Mplayer rejects the asx file. It's an internet
> audio feed, actually, which works fine under that other OS. The asf
> feeds work fine w/Mplayer, which is why I installed it in the first
> place.

The only thing I found that would play the .asx streamer was
kaffeine/xine. I had a nasty whole system lockup when trying to use
Noatun and MPlayer just looked at it without doing anything. XMMS
behaved the same as MPlayer and just would not consider playing it
either.

Lee
--
--- KMail v1.6 --- SuSE Linux Pro v9.0 ---
Registered Linux User #225206