Re: [SLE] sa-learn refuses to learn.
  • From: Ralph Sanford <rsanford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 19:02:04 -0700
I do not believe it matters. I have 3 pop accounts; evolution gets all
the mail from the accounts every few minutes. Rather than dump all mail
into the "Inbox" (which evolution would do), I have evolution filter
through spamassassin and in to many folders. Any spam that is missed,
regardless of account or folder, I move into the "missed_spam" folder.
Probably about once a week I run sa-learn against the "missed_spam"
folder. Been doing this for about 3 months now and less than 1% of spam
gets through.

Of course before I started using spamassassin I had been saving spam and
so I probably had 3500 spam messages and 2500 ham messages to initially
use with sa-learn. In the first month of using spamassassin I also used
to need a "ham-missed" folder to keep for training spamassassin and may
have had as many as 10 emails that were initially flagged as spam. It
appears that with a sufficiently large enough initial training pool of
ham and spam plus some ongoing use of sa-learn that spamassassin will
severely reduce the problem of spam.

--
Ralph Sanford - If your government does not trust you,
rsanford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - should you trust your government?

DH/DSS Key - 0x7A1BEA01

< Previous Next >