Linksys WCP11 wireless Card
  • From: php@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:11:04 -0700
Hi, all,
Have a vexing problem with this card and Suse 8.0. I downloaded the updated
Pcmcia rpms here:

http://www.suse.com/us/support/download/updates/80_i386.html
.
And I was able to get the information about the card, set it uyp as a network
device in Yast2 and now ifconfig -a lists

eth1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:06:25:2A:DE:5F\
BROADCAST MULTICSAT MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 Dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
RX bytes:0 (0.0b) TX bytes:1548 (1.5kb)
Interrupt:9 Base address:0x100

I went into /etc/pcmcia/wlan-ng.opts and made sure that the
card was enabledstation mode was on INfrastructure, infrusture was set with
the right SSID.

I went to a hot spot. my card blinks and I check /var/log/messages and see
that it's not getting an IP from DHCP.

Looks like an Intersil firmware version 1.04
Ad-hos demo mode supported
IEEE Standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported
WEP supported 104 bit key
MAC Address
Station name Prism I
ready
index 0x01: Vcc 5.0 irq 9 io 0x100-0x013f
executing: './etwork start eth1'
Tx error, status 4 (FID=0127)_
Tx error, status 4 (FID=014E)_
/etc/hotplug/net.agent[2437]: INterface eth1 is handled by service PCMCIA ...
exiting
eth1: error -110 writing packet header to BAP
Tx error, status 4 (FID=0160)
Tx error, status 4 (FID=0186)
timed out waiting for valid DHCP server response
+ STarting DHCP client daemon on eth1 . . . . . .No IP address yet.
Backgrounding

I call t-mobile, and their network guy sas he SEES me trying to get in, and
that HE can't get through to me.

I check the firewall and it says it's off.
Can anyone give me some ideas about what to change to get this working? It's
SSOOOOO close I can taste it!

Thanks in advance,
Nick