Re: [SLE] Database front ends
  • From: John Pettigrew <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:23:07 +0100
In a previous message, Hans Forbrich wrote:

> John Pettigrew wrote:
>
> > I need to move the database I use to run my business to linux soon and
> > am starting to look at the options.
>
> You gloss over a few parameters in your discussion, especially about which
> back-end database, and whether you intend to stay open source on this.

True - largely because I don't care :-)

I'm more interested in whether it does what I need than whether it's MySQL,
postgreSQL, Oracle or whatever. My only other preference is that it be free
or cheap, but I'm not averse to paying a reasonable amount (reasonable, that
is, for a single-user licence - not a developer licence).

John
--
John Pettigrew Headstrong Games
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Fun : Strategy : Price