Re: [SLE] XChat/Perl plugin
  • From: Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 May 2003 11:23:00 +0100
On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 10:38, James Ogley wrote:
> Well, as promised, I tried to build XChat with the perl plugin this
> morning, and reminded myself in the process why it's not perl enabled
> already ;)

Been there, done that.. ;-)

> The perl plugin requires a shared version of DynaLoader.a, and the
> version included in SuSE is not shared. Since this file is part of the
> main Perl package, and I didn't want to rebuild that, the perl plugin
> remains unbuilt.

If you do want to get this working, without rebuilding a ton of things,
you can use 'ar' to extract the contents of DynaLoader.a, then use 'gcc
--shared *.o -o DynaLoader.so' on the .o files you get to make the
shared library.

Perhaps a pre-install script in the XChat rpm could do this for you?

Just a thought..

--
Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Trudheim Technology Limited