Re: [SLE] Laptop Recommendations? (OT)
  • From: Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 May 2003 07:10:05 +0100
On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 03:13, Martin wrote:
> Yeah, it does right out of the box but ... acpi sucks
> and most importantly every once in a while X just
> freezes so you have to power it off/on to get out of
> it ... not very encouraging.

ACPI sucks on about everything under the sun right now, and there is
very little anyone can do about it.

And are you sure you have not confused the X30 with the X31? I have the
X31 and there have been some problems with that, most of which I have
found workarounds for (http://www.trudheim.com/x31/).

A colleague of mine has a X30 and everything works out of the box, apart
from ACPI.

> Anyway I've checked HP laptops recently and found out
> ze4000 is only for $699 + tax ... not bad at all in my
> opinion but dunno how Linux is running on it.

From what I have been told, HP and Compaq laptops should work quite well
with Linux.

HTH

--