Re: [SLE] windows disk defragmenter
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 01:11:58 -0400
On Saturday 24 May 2003 00:28, Adrian Costescu wrote:
> On Saturday 24 May 2003 01:36, Marian Routh wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 09:57, Adrian Costescu wrote:
> > > HAIL!
> > > I have a stupid question: Is there any disk defragmenter for
> > > windows partitions who runs on linux???
> >
> > Hail back at ya. I found this url:
> > http://theory.uwinnipeg.ca/faqs/section4.html#q_4_3 and this one:
> > http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/linuxdisk/Misc/linuxdisk13.002.
> >html
> >
> > but basically, I don't think you need one.
> >
> > Malke
>
> Thanx Malke!
> I was misunderstood! I want to defrag windows (FAT 32) partition
> while i am in linux! i don't know if it's possible! Many 10x anyway!

Adrian,
I think you will find that if you use the defrag on Windows, you will
lose your Linux. If everything is on the same drive, it's advisable
not to use defrag as it does the whole driver without regard to
anything else on the drive. Just another one of those things Windows
likes to do to remove those other operating systems.

Patrick
Registered Linux User #225206
On any other day, that might seem strange...