Re: [SLE] compiling gcc 2.95.x
  • From: Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 22 May 2003 15:51:08 +0100
On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 16:35, sjb wrote:

> Apologies for the threadjack, but I'm trying to compile a kernel and gcc
> 3.3 is generating errors. I've tried building gcc 2.95.3, but I get
> errors during the make.

what errors?

> Does anybody have any bright ideas about how I can get gcc 2.95.x
> running?! I'm going round in circles >8-(

You should be able to compile gcc with itself (having read the
instructions way to long ago) as long as you have binutils and a few
other dependencies. You should not have to use another C compiler to do
it iirc.

Might be more details in the archives or if you google for it?

--
Anders Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Trudheim Technology Limited