Re: [SLE] Uh...what's this?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 02:54:59 +0200 (CEST)

The 03.05.20 at 15:58, Kastus wrote:

> > I see, that way loops are avoided. But sometimes, the envelope address is
> > invented, as is my case (I don't have a permanent IP number). What would
> > happened then? That could be the reasoning behind bouncing to the
> > originator.
>
> You can't post from an invented envelope address. Envelope address in your
> post must be exactly the same address you are subscribed with.
> Otherwise your post will be just rejected.
>
> On the contrary, From: address in your post can be anything.

Ok. Who sets the envelope address, postfix? (certainly not the mail
client). It should by default be the machine name, no? Then it would be
"localhost" or something like that. I really don't know who sets the
envelope address, and what happens when I have two different ISP, both
with dynamic IPs. Should I configure it, and how?

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson