Re: [SLE] Uh...what's this?
  • From: Christopher Mahmood <ckm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:46:11 -0700
* Carlos E. R. (robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx) [030520 03:20]:
> Suggestion: On another list I moderate I post the rules once every month.
> perhaps you could do that here - post that text :-?

I don't know if that will help.

> Mmm... technical question: our posts get to list with our "from". If there
> is an error, "we" get posted back. Now, Is that the correct behavior by
> the "receiver side", or should it bounce to the envelope? Or should it
> detect it is a mailing list and do something else?

Always bounce to the envelope address. If it's an autoresponse,
it's best to use a null sender from as well.

> That reminds me that the Spanish help test is not totally equivalent to
> the English one, some little things are missing.

Well, my Spanish isn't really good enough to write those so I'm kind
of dependent on volunteers (hint ;)).

> Anyway, that list is way more tolerant that this one: we have top posting,
> don't' trim messages, thread hijacking, html... you name it, but almost
> nobody complains, no flames ;-)

Yeah, it seems to be a very civilized, friendly bunch. Of course,
there are only about 600 people subscribed and a reasonable amount
of traffic.

--

-ckm