RE: [SLE] Uh...what's this?
  • From: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 23:05:52 +0100 (BST)
This is not as weird as it looks.

The English section is a translation of the Turkish section which
precedes it; the fact that you may be seeing "weird" characters is
simply due to the fact that the message was sent with iso-8859-9
(Turkish) encoding, whereas you are probably reading them with
iso-8859-1 encoding; to see them as they are meant to be seen you
would need to switch your email reader into "Turkish" encoding
(and you would also need to link this to Turkish fonts).

As to what the message is about, it looks like an error-bounce back
to you (as originator of the message) to the effect that whoever
"username@xxxxxxxx" may be (pity it does not say what "username" is)
is now at "username@xxxxxxx" -- presumably one of the people that
the SuSE list tries to deliver to -- and while they have obligingly
delivered it this time, they are asking you (actually SuSE) to change
the address to the new form as soon as possible.

Ted.

On 17-May-03 John wrote:

> Heya gang,
>
> This came in my mailbox, and I have no clue what the heck it is or
> where it came from, and yet it's got the subject header that I did to
> ask Curtis those silly questions. Anyone have an idea why I got this
> or where it came from? I thought I'd been pretty good about keeping
> this email address *only* on this mailing list and one other place ...
> have I just lost the battle and need to begin worryin' about spam
> now? (I can always create another email address, my ISP allows me 5,
> so it's no big deal)
> Here's what I got:
>

> Autoreply: Re: [SLE] X Config Problem on 8.2...OT a moment
> From: Postmaster@xxxxxxx
> To: yonaton@xxxxxxx
>
> Subject: e-posta adres deðiþikliði - e-mail address change
>
> Göndermiþ olduðunuz e-posta alýcýsýnýn kullaniciadi@xxxxxxxx adresi,
> kullaniciadi@xxxxxxx olarak deðiþmiþtir ve alýcýsýna teslim edilmiþtir.
> Bundan sonra bu adrese göndereceðiniz e-postalarýn ilgili adrese
> ulaþmasý için
> kullaniciadi@xxxxxxx þeklinde deðiþtirmenizi önemle rica ederiz.
>
> Saygýlarýmýzla,
> Turk Nokta Net Bilgi Hizmetleri A.Þ.
> Turk Nokta Net'e artýk http://www.tnn.net 'ten ulaþýn
> - ---------------------------------------------------------------
>
> The e-mail address of the recipient of your message has been changed
> from
> username@xxxxxxxx to username@xxxxxxx and your message has been
> delivered to
> the recipient. We urgently request that you change the recipient's
> address to
> username@xxxxxxx in order for your messages to be delivered.
>
> Best Regards,
> Turk Nokta Net Bilgi Hizmetleri A.Þ.