Re: [SLE] Problem - Almost can't connect to Apache2
  • From: David List <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:02:28 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 19 May 2003, Andrei Verovski wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am having very strange problem with default setup of Apache2 from
>SuSe 8.2. Loading pages from localhost is fine, but from another hosts
>on net - extremely slow (with pages located in both /srv/httpd and
>/home/user/public_html). ftp and other network services working fine
>(on the same SuSe 8.2 Linux PC). The site is just a bunch of html and
>php files. I have no .htaccess files in my http dirs.
>
>Anyone have an idea what is wrong?

Try telnet´ing to the web server from the host itself and get a document
to see if you still get a lag:

# telnet localhost 80

Then, when you are ready to issue HTTP commands, you issue
GET /

The document that makes out the "root" document on your server should
then be shown. See if there is any kind of delay. There shouldn´t be.

Best regards,
David List