Re: [SLE] clearing unused RAM, system performance
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 04:11:05 +0200
On Wednesday 14 May 2003 03:20, Ben Rosenberg wrote:
> With 1G of DDR333 ram I DO NOT need swap.

http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0207.0/0320.html

Perhaps not the best link out there, but lmkl is full of stuff like that. It's
very interesting stuff.

> I suppose since Mads told me he does use swap either that next you tell
> him he knows nothing of how the Linux kernel works. I won't turn my swap
> back on because it isn't needed. Without swap on I've never even gone
> above 300M of memory used.

Used for processes, you mean? But you're not getting the most out of your
system, since you're not caching as much disk as you can

< Previous Next >