Re: [SLE] nvidia gaming: its just a jump to the left...
  • From: Dylan <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 20:41:13 +0100
On Saturday 10 May 2003 20:24, Andy Stone wrote:
> ...well, to the right actually.
>
> Simple problem - if I launch a game in full-screen the display seems to
> jump about an inch to the right as I look at it. Well, maybe its more like
> it pushes up against the right hand side, leaving just nothing along the
> left for about an inch.
>
> Am using a geforce4 card with Nvidia's drivers, on SuSE 8.2.
> I've only tried this so far on:
> tux racer
> chromium
> neverwinter nights
> ut2003
> - in decending order of quality, of course ;)
>
> but it happens every time. These are all openGL I think, if that's any
> help. If I watch a DVD in full-screen everything stays where it should.
>
> Any ideas?

My first thought is - are these games displaying in the same resolution as
your desktop? My text console doesn't fit the monitor properly (has about
1/4inch blank on one side and the top 2-3 pixel rows run off the top) and
I've narrowed it down to the monitor adjustment. If I adjust the monitor's
controls to fix the display then the gui screen is shifted off the screen.
So, maybe you might find something in the relevant configs (although setting
up X is greek to me and I can't find enough goats in South London!) I'm not
concerned about it in my case cos it's not doing damage and the console's
still usable.

HTH

Dylan

--