Broken fonts
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 21:12:41 +0200
The question is slightly unusual: how do I break a font?

You see, I don't like to have text on my desktop, I like the icons to be
displayed without the annoying text underneath. In the past I've solved this
by setting the desktop font to a broken font that wouldn't display.

But in 8.2, all my fonts work :( So can anyone tell me where I might find a
broken font? I'm not too hot with the fontconfig stuff, perhaps there's
something I can put in the config for that to make the system think it has a
font that doesn't exist, or that doesn't have any characters?

Any ideas?