Re: [SLE] [OT] MPlayer : Painfull DVD playback.
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 12:38:12 +0200
On Wednesday 07 May 2003 12:26, Clifford Okoro wrote:
> Took your advice and tried to enable DMA. However something keeps on
> switchig it off. I suspect my bios is responsible but I'll look into it
> more tonight and get back to y'all.

I had that problem on one machine. No matter what I did, as soon as I tried to
access the CD/DVD, the DMA got turned off.

What I eventually discovered was that the dma setting was wrong. My DVD was
udma2, and it was set for, I don't know, something else. Setting it with

hdparm -X udma2 /dev/hdc

and then turning on dma worked brilliantly. Maybe you have a similar problem?!