Re: [SLE] HELP! Evolution and OOo in SuSE 8.2
  • From: Art Fore <afore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 06 May 2003 16:56:50 -0700
I installed OOo as root to /opt/OpenOffice.org after uninstalling 1.02
that came with Suse (changed the install script for the home directory
from OpenOffice.org1.03 to OpenOffice.org then ran ./install
--prefix=/opt). I then ran setup and installed the workstation in my
home directory. I did not do the -net option, but will try that again.

Art

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 17:47, Dennis Tuchler wrote:
> PMFJI! I have the same problem. The associations seem properly entered
> and sensed by Gnome, but when I click on the document to be read by OOo,
> I get no OOo app loaded with the document.
>
> When you figure out how to fix the problem, please be sure to make the
> sollution available to this listserv (or, at least, to me).
>
> On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 14:27, Marian Routh wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 10:59, Art Fore wrote:
> > > SuSE 8.2 fresh install, when trying to open msword attachment from OOo,
> > > all I get is save file. Had this problem on my laptop and I updated OOo
> > > to 1.0.3.1 and Evolution to 1.2.4, fixed file associations, then it
> > > worked. But, on my Wife's machine, done the same thing, and it still
> > > does not work and she is very unhappy.
> > >
> > > Anyone have any idea why the file associations don't work? I tried in
> > > both gnome and kde.
> > >
> > > Art
> >
> > The trick with OO seems to be to 1) install as root using the network
> > option, not the workstation (sorry, I can't remember the exact
> > terminology); 2) then as each user, run the OO setup in their home
> > directory. Then all saving problems will be solved.
>
> I was under the impression that SuSE 8.2 installs as root. Do you
> recommend running setup again?
>

> > HTH,
> >
> > Malke
> > --