Re: [SLE] foobillard (again)
  • From: jalal <the_jalal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 16:33:10 +0200
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 15:41, jalal wrote:

Anders Johansson wrote:
I only have 'libGLcore.a', no sign of a '.so' file anywhere, and I searched the SuSE 8.0 DVD, couldn't find it... does it only come with the nVIdia drivers?

Yes, although it looks like there is something in the generic X rpms in
SuSE 8.2, I have no idea what it is though

When (attempting) installation from source, it looks for files with functions like:
'glGenProgramsNV" which looks suspiciously like an NVidia sort of suffix.

Maybe foobilliard will only run on nVidia hardware, is that possible?

No, it has many things that are specialized and optimized for nVidia
hardware, but it can be compiled without it. You need to compile it with
an option to configure, I *think* it's "--disable-bumpref"

Yes, spot on, that works.

Now it segfaults, but thats another matter.

Thanks

--

GPG fingerprint = 3D45 5509 D380 26A4 523E A9D8 A66A 5F38 CA43 BB0E

< Previous Next >