Re: [SLE] foobillard (again)
  • From: John <yonaton@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 01:07:15 -0500

On Monday 05 May 2003 23:33, growbynet@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Trying to update foobillard from version 2.4 (goes with suse 8.2) to 2.6,
> but got error that says "libglcore.so1 is missing". Any fix, please? AFAIK
> libglcore.so1 must be installed with NVidia 3d drivers, I have those
> drivers installed, but no libglcore.so1

8.2 has libGLcore.so.1, except that it's named libGLcore.so.1.4363 (or
something like that...it'll have theversion number of the nvidia drivers on
the end, like the 4363 is above, it's what I just installed). I just don't
know what to do to make an rpm that uses the standard name libGLcore.so.1
find what SuSE has named it, since I ran into the same problem with some
other app I was trying to install and had the same exact thing come up.
Open up the search thing from the main menu, and look for libglcore*, and
almost instantly you'll see two things pop up and where they are. One of them
*is* named libGLcore.so.1, but it's linked to libGLcore.so.1.4363<whatever>.
Hopefully someone will know what to do to workaround this name thing.

John
- --
A butterfly is: Pretty,soft,harmless...and useless,
just like M$N. My Penguin eats butterflies.