Re: [SLE] Windows blank when they lose focus
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 06 May 2003 05:54:45 +0200
On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 05:47, Curtis Rey wrote:
> Have you used the installer with 8.1? On the NV site it states that if your
> using 8.1 or earlier that you should got to the ftp site and get the rpms
> built by/for SuSE.

I've used it and it works. But if the rpms are there, why not go for
them?

> I was just wondering if I should use the installer or go for the ftp rpms? I
> have read on the list that some have used the installer with 8.1, but want to
> avoid any possible nVidia hell all the same.

I haven't seen anything like an "nvidia hell". The only PITA with the
installer is the number of rpms requiring libGL*, and since the
installer isn't an rpm, there are dependency problems.

You might consider creating a fake rpm that doesn't contain anything,
but which Provides: libGL and libGLcore