Re: [SLE] GCC-3.3 in SuSE 8.2 --> kernel compilation crashes!?
Because we're using SuSE Linux in engineering environment.
We have to compile separate GPIB drivers as external modules to
operate our test equipment.
Unfortunately, highly customized SuSE kernel doesn't allow to compile
anything extra. It's pure nightmare.
Plain vanilla kernels have always been the best option for our tasks.

On Monday 05 May 2003 05:10 pm, Bruce Marshall wrote:

> Why can't you just recompile with the SuSE source? What will be the major
> difference other than maybe a few fixes that SuSE has added...?

< Previous Next >