GCC-3.3 in SuSE 8.2 --> kernel compilation crashes!?
  • From: Alex Daniloff <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 09:43:07 -0700
Hello SuSE folkz,
I've got an issue with plain kernel 2.4.20
compilation using gcc-3.3 (Pre-release)
which came as default gcc with SuSE 8.2.
I couldn't find solution to the problem
when kernel compilation terminates with
warnings.
Is there any chance to downgrade or upgrade
gcc-3.3 to more stable version without sacrifying
SuSE 8.2 system integrity?
Or could somebody please give me a hint what patch,
option or other thing should be done to the plain
vanilla kernel 2.4.20 in order to compile it correctly
with existing gcc-3.3?
How did SuSE developers compile their kernels, if even
in the kernel news groups I've seen the same complains
about compilation problems with gcc-3.3?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Alex