Re: [SLE] Compose key and 8.1
  • From: zentara <zentara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:25:06 -0500
On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 20:59:15 +0100
Sjoerd Hiemstra <shiems@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 Nov zentara wrote:
>> Does anyone have know what key to press to
>> get a Compose key in a plain ascii console.
>> <Right-Shift> + <Right-Control> is working for
>> me in an xterm , but I can't seem to get a compose
>> key in a plain terminal.
>
>Don't know all about it, but since no one else answered your question,
>let me tell what I do know.

(Nice reply and instructions snipped.)

Thanks for that information. I finally figured out on my own though,
duh....!
All I had to do was read /etc/sysconfig/keyboard and add "shiftctrl" to
COMPOSETABLE="clear shiftctrl latin1.add"

That way I get the same compose key (<right-shift>+<right-control>)
for xterms or console.

I'm saving your method for future reference though. :-)

--
use Perl; #powerful programmable prestidigitation

< Previous Next >