Re: [SLE] SLES8
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 14:12:31 -0600
I understand your points and to be honest I also understand that Russia is not
always afforded access to those things that one might get in the U.S. or
Western Europe.

Also, after roaming around the SuSE site and looking at other information I
could gather it seems clear to me that their isn't much clear information
about this at all.

An ad hoc solution might be to have a license for one machine and to use that
machine to gain access to the packages for the others. In otherwords,
download the package and copy it to the other machines. Iron out the
problems on the one licensed machine and then replicate this on the other. I
do bear in mind that if you machines are not the same or have different
configs this may not be a reliable work around. It's just a thought.

Business in Russia is tough and I really don't know if SuSE will send a
service rep/technician out to you location - I suspect your correct in
assuming they may very well not extend any service to you area. It makes no
sense (as you point out) at all to buy a service contract where access to key
personal and on-site service isn't going to happen and likewise the cost for
this might be to high to make it feasible.

I don't really know exactly what is entailed in the license agreement since
the information isn't clear and as for service in Russia only the SuSE reps
would be able to answer that question.

Cheers and good luck, Curtis

--
Billboard Writer vs. Literature = Micorsoft vs. Computing,