Re: [SLE] SLES8
  • From: Curtis Rey <crrey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 13:55:15 -0600
Ok, back up the truck. Rather than sit around and debate this between the lot
of us I strongly suggest that we contact the SuSE reps and nail down exactly
what the parameters of the SLE8 licenses and terms of use are.

I fully understand both sides of the discussion and given that the information
is from (potentially reliable) 2nd hand sources or the SuSE web pages. The
full explination isn't readily at hand as to the conditions for what an SLE8
purchase and contract entail.

To be honest I found a certain amount of peoples statements contridictory but
after reviewing the sources of these statements it is perfectly clear that
this is due to the fact that the sources of information that people are
referring to seem to be contridictory and less than clear in and of
themselves. So, therefore I seems understandable why person X would say one
thing and person Y would say another when both seem to be drawing on
apparently reliable sources of information - in otherwords it doesn't seem
clear at all just what one may or may not be entitled to or the conditions of
the license and service contracts because the information is vague and well
-- contridicts itself.

I would write to any links on the SuSE website about "just what" one gets and
can expect if they were to purchase SLE8 and get a support/service contract.
I am curious as to exactly what the license does or does not included and the
conditions of use, per seat licenses, etc

Cheers, Curtis

--
Billboard Writer vs. Literature = Micorsoft vs. Computing,

< Previous Next >