Re: [SLE] System hangs randomly SuSE 8.1
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 03:37:05 +0100 (CET)

The 02.11.21 at 22:17, mike wrote:

> bad form to respond to your own post and all that but I left out something
> important; the drive light is on steady when the hang occurs, can not ping
> from another box or 3-finger salute.

Search this list archives, we have talked a lot about that same problem.
If you use reiserfs, add the option "barrier=none" in the fstab for all
reiserfs partitions, like this:

/dev/hdb6 / reiserfs defaults,barrier=none 1 1

My crashes were ramdom, about one a day, but now it seems stable. Don't
ask me what that options does, I didn't find it at the reiser site docs.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson