Re: [SLE] SLES8

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Hasenstein" <mha@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Dmitry Melekhov" <dm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "suse-linux-e" <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 9:57 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] SLES8

> Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
>
> > I think the same, but... I don't want to violate license even if Suse
will
> > not know about this ;-)
>

> Forwarded your "they don't reply" internally.
>
> Just go ahead and just "do it", I'd say if you end up violating anything
> it's our fault if we didn't respond, right?

Oh :-(
I'm too stupid to understand ;-)

I talked that I asked how can I buy next year maintenance if official
reseller refuses to do this. Well, you know .. :-)

> > Could someone from Suse tell me is is possible to install updates to
> > serveral servers
> > if I have only one SLES8 box with maintenance?
> > Certanly, I'm at my own, etc, etc....
>

> Technically: yes

I know. There is no --license key for rpm, yet (?) ;-)

> Legally: Don't know, but I know that it's definitely legal for us to
^^^^^^^
This is what I want to know.
Definitely, this is stupid situation- Suse's employeers don't know such
thing :-(

> revoke your maintenance web access if we find out that you do that (we
> may have to refund part of the money you paid) ;-( - no one can force
> us to provide this service if you don't agree to our terms.

:-)
Currently I have no access to maintenance web, so you can't revoke something
;-p

I want to know this terms before we'll buy SLES8. May be it will be cheaper
(yes! if SLES8 is licensed per server!) and easier (they have russian
office) SCO UL based server.

< Previous Next >