Re: [SLE] Unofficial SuSEFAQ updated rpm
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:05:37 +0100 (CET)

The 02.11.22 at 14:16, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

> I have uploaded the following to sf.net/projects/susefaq. These are
> specifically for "SuSE 8.1" as I have discovered the configuration has
> changed for susehelp. Strange though no body has complained or filed a
> bug. Looks like nobody is using this package maybe I should abondon the
> project :-(

I do use susehelp: as I don't use kde much, I have to make susehelp work
from any browser - its broken in almost every version since 7.1 at least.
I discovered the bugs some time ago, but I didn't say any thing because I
was trying to make some links work. This what I haven't solved yet:

Links that do not work, even if the files exist:

Development /tols
* anjuta (works in kde/konkeror)
* pharmacy (works in kde/konkeror)

Application Manuals
# KDE
* Application Manuals
# GNOME --> empty page
# Manpages --> empty page
# Hardware
* xsane (works in kde/konkeror)
* zapping (works in kde/konkeror)

> Anyway for those using it
>
> susefaq-0.4-1.noarch.rpm
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/susefaq/susefaq-0.4-1.noarch.rpm?download
>
> susefaq-0.4-1.src.rpm
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/susefaq/susefaq-0.4-1.src.rpm?download

I'll have a look at it, I thought it was only online.

> 1) edit /sbin/conf.d/SuSEconfig.susehelp around line 40 changing
> indexsusehelp to susehelpindex

And the lock file name too. Once it is refered to as "indexsusehelp" and
next as "inexsusehelp" (a "d" is missing)

> 3) Now Unofficial SuSEFAQ should be again in the SuSEhelpcenter with
> Search enabled.

I'll certainly try this :-)

--
Cheers,