Re: [SLE] YOU/Manual - what do the various text colors mean (red, blue, black), why are some boxes checked and some not, and what does YOU expect me to do next?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 14:53:20 +0100 (CET)

The 02.11.22 at 08:00, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:

> because SuSEconfig.susehelp is broken so no index is produced ( as far
> as I can tell) to fix SuSEconfig.susehelp around line 40 replace
> indexsusehelp with susehelpindex

I renamed the script "/usr/sbin/susehelpindex" as
"/usr/sbin/indexsusehelp". Interestingly, in the script its own name is
refered in two different ways:

print "susehelpindex needs to be started as root for creating index files.\n";

and later, the other way round:

sub usage()
{
print <<EOF;
Usage: indexsusehelp [options]

I wish they would make up their minds! I can't decide which is the
correct name :-(

> # /usr/sbin/indexsusehelp -> /usr/bin/susehelpindex
> if [ "$DOC_AUTOINDEX" = yes ] ; then
> /sbin/checkproc -p /var/lock/susehelpindex /usr/bin/susehelpindex >& /dev/null || \
> echo " Creating susehelp index."; \
> /bin/bash -c "/usr/bin/susehelpindex >& $MYLOG & /sbin/pidofproc \
> /usr/bin/susehelpindex >/var/lock/susehelpindex" &

Note that the lock file was also mispelled in the original. This is bad
quality control, IMHO. Worse, this bug is not mentioned in the SDB so far.

> >Is it documented anywhere what these colors mean?
>
> Not all of the features but some at
>
> http://www.suse.de/~sh

I'll have a look; they are very confussing, no help button... worsened
because the "size" box below remains at "0" all the time. It's very
difficult to know what it's going to download (in bytes), which is
important to those of us using a modem line. The good thing is that it
download patches, and not full rpms, I think.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson