Suse osseous query
  • From: info <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:55:23 -0800
Hello All

I've just recently made the plunge and purchased an 8.1 distribution and installed it. I've also subscribed to many SuSe mailing lists which I try to glean daily. I'm a complete Linux novice although I have many years experience with low and high level Solaris programming. I'm looking for a forum for complete bonehead Linux questions as opposed to the more (mostly) erudite variety which I see here. I don't want to clutter anyone's mailbox with questions such as:

Is multibooting from one of two disk drives preferable to multibooting from one of N partitions within the same drive?

Is GNOME2 analogous to CDE/OpenWindows ? (I already know the answer to this one, I'm just qualifying my usage of the word "bonehead")

I eventually want to develop device drivers in Linux but would like my desktop and toolchains to feel comfortable.

Does such a forum exist?

Thanks for your attention.

< Previous Next >