Re: [SLE] partition magic can it and advice?
  • From: Togan Muftuoglu <toganm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 15:05:01 +0200
* Carlos E. R.; <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx> on 22 Nov, 2002 wrote:
To clarify my opinions a litle, or to confuse the issue further O:-)

I would also leave some space unpartitioned, so that I can change opinion
later - but that's me. Also, I much preffer two HD. A /home partition is
very handy: in case you need to reinstall, you don't loos your data.
Partitions like /opt are an option, but you don't really need them till
you know you need them. I mean, not for a first install. The only
_required_ partions are "/" and swap. The rest, are extra.

himm why not use LVM makes adjustments easier (atleast in my case)
--

Togan Muftuoglu
Unofficial SuSE FAQ Maintainer