Re: [SLE] Toshiba 1115-S123

Hello ;-)

I've a Toshiba Satelite 1800-814 and I use SuSE Linux 8.1, it runs prerfecty
either audio, XF86, LAN, it not recognice the mode :-( but probably it can
be solved because Toshiba, as Henrik said has a site to support Linux for
it's portable computers.

I also have to say that I was unable to insall SuSE 7.2 in the portable
computer due to XF86 didn't recognice the grafic card, but reading the help
in the web the eropean Web version for Toshiba Linux Support it can be
solved. The european site is
http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/index.html and the global site is the
one that Henrik told you. If you go to the eoropean one you can see if you
see if your Satellite is the components of yout Satellite that are
compatible with Linux and the ones that not.

Bye and hope that it would help.

Sergi
sergarbes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings:

I am looking into getting a Toshiba Satellite 1115-S123 laptop in the
VERY near future, and was wondering if anyone has any experience with
it, good/bad/ok compatiblity with SuSE...

Big concerns are really XF86 and Audio running on it. Anyone at all
familiar with this??

If not the laptop itself, what about the Realtek ALC202A Codec Chip for
audio?

Thank you,
RK Davies
Textbox Networks
This post is encrypted in the "english language method", any attempt to
decipher meaning from these symbols is a violation of the DMCA. This
includes, but is not limited to: interpreting the symbols through use of
biological, visual decryption devices, translating the symbols into
another language encryption scheme, and digital processing the symbols
into a form conducive to oral interpretation. Thank you for your time.