YOU/Manual - what do the various text colors mean (red, blue, black), why are some boxes checked and some not, and what does YOU expect me to do next?
  • From: DJ <linux_programmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 22:38:54 -0600
Hi,

I ran Yast/YOU for the second time, but in "manual" mode this time. I
wanted to see if the Samba security patch was downloaded and what else
was going on, etc.

But I'm lost as to what YOU wants me to do and I can't find any help
for YOU. I've looked in the hard copy and online.

Also, during this process, I wanted to do a multiple word search in
SuSE Help and I can't even figure out how to do that. Shouldn't be
difficult right. Argh! The doc in the hard copy Admin manual does not
match what the SuSE Help application looks like, so that's no good. In
the hard copy book it looks like there should be a separate text field
to enter the additional search words, but when I look at the
application I don't see any. I typed multiple search words in the one
main text entry field and absolutely nothing happens.

Regarding YOU, after the patches are downloaded and the screen is
repainted, what do the various text colors mean (red, blue, black),
why are some boxes checked and some not, and what does YOU expect me
to do next? I'm staring at this screen which is very colorful with
absolutely no available help. This is an awful end user application
(imho).

Is it documented anywhere what these colors mean?

Is it documented anywhere what happens if you check something or
uncheck something? It appears I can do a lot on this screen, but I
have no clue what the ramifications might be from my actions. I
really want to understand YOU.

Is it documented anywhere what YOU expects the end user to do in
manual mode?

Is this why people use fou4s because YOU is, hhhmmmm, lacking?

Thank you in advance.

--
DJ