Re: [SLE] OfficeJet Scanning and sane
  • From: Dan Pauls <danpauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:37:06 -0600
On Thursday 21 November 2002 08:49 am, DB Troll wrote:

> Check in /usr/lib/sane to see if file hpoj.so.1 is there as a good
> symlink. You also might want to read setting up scanning at
> http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/hpoj-0.90/doc/setup-scan.html.
> David

I checked the link, libsane-hpoj.so.1 points to libsane-hpoj.so which is in
/usr/lib and is itself a link to /usr/lib/libsane-hpoj.so.1.0. The doc on
sourceforge states that sane must be installed before hpoj, which may explain
the problem. I will uninstall hpoj and sane and then reinstall in the
correct order to see if it fixes the problem. I did use sane-find-scanner,
but no joy.

I'll let you know if it's just the installation order.

--
Dan Pauls, broadcasting on
----/ /

SuSE 8.1 / KMail 1.4.3