Re: [SLE] partition magic can it and advice?
  • From: Rick Reumann <maillist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:10:56 -0500
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:59:38 -0800
Tom Emerson <osnut@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> this is a kind of "yeah, what he said" post, but also attempting to
> point out the probably-obvious: the point on #3 is the next time you
> do #1, you DO NOT want to "format" the "/home" partition you built in
>
> [see also my response on naming partitions, though perhaps a better
> thread topic for both of these is "partition types, sizes, and uses"
> :) ]

When you get back from your meeting Tom maybe you'll get this:) Saw that
other post and I was lost:) All I know is on this windows98 machine it
was easy with Suse I put disk 1 in and followed some prompts and I was
done. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it will that easy when I try to
do this on the XP box. If there is a baby step RTFM guide or something
to what I'm going to need to do with partition magic and my suse 8.1 in
so that I can keep XP on one partition and Linux on the other, I'd be
happy to read it or someone can e-mail me any comments off list. Maybe
all of this won't be that difficult tomorrow but we'll see I guess.

thanks for any more feedback.

< Previous Next >