Rshd-server - Connection refused
  • From: "Gladsney" <gladsney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 17:58:36 -0300

Hi all,

I get to run rsh from Sun Ultra 10 running Suse Sparc Linux 7.3 to any
remote machine around my home network but the vice versa I don´t.
I´ve got "connection refused".
I have looked at all services that I supposed that should be disable but
I have no success.
"What process or services have I to able to run rsh from and to this
machine?".
if someone know a documentation step-by-step on internet where I can
learn about services, ports.. in advanced way, point me to it, please.
I´m an intermediate user linux.

I have yet installed rsh-server but rsh don´t work yet. All services
active are:

By yast2--> Network/Basic ==> Start/Stop services (inetd)
-
Status Service Type Proto Flags User Server/Args

Active time stream tcp nowait root internal
Active time dgram udp wait root internal
Active ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd wu.ftpd
-a
Active ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd proftpd

Active ftp stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.ftpd
Active telnet stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd
in.telnetd
Active shell stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.rshd
Active login stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd
in.rlogind
Active login stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd
in.rlogind -a
Active exec stream tcp nowait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.rexecd
Active talk dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.talkd
Active ntalk dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.talkd
Active finger stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/tcpd
in.fingerd -w

Have any service missing?
Could anybody help about it?

Gladsney Pena