KDE XWindows displayed according to user profile
  • From: Prabu Subroto <prabusubroto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 12:42:24 -0800 (PST)
Dear my friends.....

I am developing a database application for the sales
of our company. I want they can login from any
computer and get the display as their user profile.
I want each sales can not see any menu (everything is
hidden) and only the netscape browser link which I put
on their desktop. So they can only see two icon :
netscape and logout menu on their desktop. Is it
possible to be implemented on KDE or any XWindows else
?

In MS Windows 2000 Server it is very easy because I
can find a directory which contents the link that I
should removed to define whether a part of the GUI can
be seen by its user after they have logged in.

I tried to find the way how to do that on www.kde.org
but I didn't find it.

Please give me some hints how to implement this.

Thank you very much in advance.