Re: [SLE] How do I export X desktop to remote Win2K machine ?
  • From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 05:54:18 -0600
Phantasm wrote:
Not sure about step by step, but you should be able to use vncserver (In
atleast SuSE 8.1), and use a vnc client for windows.

I've used a windows vnc from SuSE and it worked great, just type
vncviewer and enter the IP in the box and the password in the next box.

But that starts a new X session. You can export the existing
session using x0rfbserver:

http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/extras.html#x0rfbserver

and there is also KDE desktop sharing, which is based on this:

http://www.tjansen.de/krfb/